Benefits of Caffeine addiction: Why Coffee is good for you

 

Photo by Ren Kuo


There are not many things in the world that can have the same effect as a cup of cold coffee on a hot day, or a cup of pumpkin spice latte on a cold one or more or less the need of coffee when you have to pull an all-nighter to finish a college assignment. 

Caffeine, which is plant-based, may help in reducing the risk of diseases like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, liver and endometrial cancers, depression as well as the risk of an early death. I didn’t say this, research did.

Athletic prowess, alertness, elevated mood, improved cognitive functioning are only some of the benefits of consuming caffeine. Caffeine can be found in a number of products we ingest on a daily basis including tea, soda, energy drinks and chocolate. The caffeine in a single cup of coffee has been found to increase metabolism by 3-4%. 

One of the most popularly consumed caffeine products, coffee, contains approximately 40 mg of caffeine. The holy shrine of coffee lovers, Starbucks, generates about an average of $3000 a day per location. Now, if we were to combine the revenue of all the Starbucks stores in the world, it could go as high as $64.4 million a day. The real question is not HOW this addiction is worthwhile, but WHY is it worthwhile? 

One thing Brenna Holt did not mention in her article was why IF caffeine is running us aground are we still investing in it?

The reason is coffee does us more good than it does harm. Let’s be honest everyone wants to live long and we live in a world where people like to believe that there is reason behind everything. So, if I were to tell you that coffee makes you live longer, you would be more likely to buy it.

 

Anything that has to do with health is of the topmost priority and what better way to improve health than to do it drinking coffee?


But there are other reasons why people drink coffee. In this fast-paced world it is important to be alert and energized every moment of day. A little boost of the energy and a good mood not only makes others want to talk to you but also makes you want to listen to them. 


There is another reason why people drink coffee. They are a part of the so called ‘coffee culture’, the brainchild and holy grail of coffee drinkers. Drinking coffee is not simply a hobby, it is a movement, a way of life. You know what I am talking about. People who drink coffee act like it is what they NEED to get through their day. It is like water for them. 


Caffeine, which is a psychoactive substance when consumed alters our mental processes, inevitably resulting in a change in our behaviour, perception, consciousness, and cognition. 

 

Coffee is responsible for accelerating our thoughts and actions which in turn enhances work performance. It helps to ‘awaken’ or ‘instigate’ the brain to reach its full potential. It leads to the production of a neurotransmitter called dopamine, dubbed as the ‘happy hormone’ in the brain, which is responsible for a good mood. 

 

People are hardly happy these days and if coffee is making them happy let it be. 



SEO title explanation:

I chose the term 'benefits' in comparison to 'pros' as the term benefits (84) is more in use than pros (12). 

I chose to include both 'caffeine' as well as 'coffee' in my title because I wanted to be clear about my focus on a specific caffeine product. Google trends indicated a sharp gap between the terms 'why' (14) and 'how' (90) but I decided to use 'why' because I wanted to prove WHY coffee is good with examples of HOW. 

 

 

 

 

 








Comments

  1. Nice job! Make sure you are adding quotation marks to things other people/ sources have said to give credit! I loved the plethora of statistics you provided, very well thought out. I also really liked the last line, funny and creative (and true)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...Nayamat, I really liked your blog is well-written and taught me about coffee's benefits—which I was previously ignorant of—I really enjoyed reading it. The article would look much better if it were more extended and in-depth, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nyamat, your article was a really good read. I enjoyed the statistics you gave out on the popularity of caffeine and I liked how you backed it up with your sources, even though to be honest, I found it hard to believe. However, I do wish you talked more about Brenna's points and how they were invalid compared to what facts you had because when looking at some of her points in her blog, she explains in great detail the cons of caffeine, but I feel like you lightly touched on some of her points.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Nyamat your Seo title explanation is good the way you compare two different words with the precent of their trending. You could have use the quotes from the sources you used to better explain your argument.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job buddy. Being a coffee lover, I like the way you give words to your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job, I really liked how you explained why coffee is healthy and provided multiple examples. The hyperlinks supported your argument perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done! Nyamat. This is a really good blog argument. I like the way you explained how coffee is good for health.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Data Viz Analysis